Further help and advice

Further help and support

If you are struggling to pay your fuel costs you may also need help with other costs or debts. The links below will help you find further help and support. All links open in new windows.

Cost of living hub

A collection of useful information and links covering -

  • money and debt
  • food
  • health
  • employment
  • travel
  • housing

Visit the Hub

Health and wellbeing

The new health and wellbeing site provides advice on -

  • staying independent
  • staying healthy
  • getting out and about
  • caring and carers
  • financial support for those with disabilities or medical conditions

This site also hosts the community and voluntary services directory which holds information on -

  • activities and groups
  • help at home
  • home maintenance
  • housing and accommodation 
  • carers

Visit Connect to Support

Benefits support and welfare advice

The Hull City Council website provides support and advice relating to benefits and welfare advice in areas such as -

  • debt and money
  • housing benefit
  • grants and funding
  • legal and general advice

Benefits support and welfare advice


Humberside Fire and Rescue take referrals and requests for home visits relating to fire prevention in the home.  If you do not have working smoke alarms in your home, contact the Humberside Fire and Rescue.

Humberside Fire and Rescue

Private housing services can offer advice and support to private tenants, landlords and homeowners to ensure that residents of the city live in safe and healthy homes.

Private housing services


WaterSure is a scheme that helps people with their water bills. To be eligible, residents must be in receipt of benefits and need to use a lot of water for medical reasons or because their household has a certain number of school age children. You need to apply to your water company for this scheme.

Yorkshire Water support